It can be helpful to connect with other vegans, and there’s a variety of ways to do this thanks to social media, as well as forums and other avenues. Check some of the opportunities to connect with like-minded people below! If we’re missing a friendly, moderated and welcoming online community, please let us know!
There are discussion ‘Group’ pages on Facebook, that are more geared towards discussion on postings – below are some we recommend.
- Earth Friendly Food Choices – a very large group, well moderated by very informed and helpful volunteers
- Power to the Veg – another large group with a focus on helping out newbies
- Vegan Fitness & Body Building – the original group, huge number of members
- Vegan Fitness & Body Building Unfiltered – a large group organized with a fitness theme by Robert Cheeke
There are a number of weekly Twitter ‘chats’, that use the #hashtag feature to link conversations. When on the Twitter page, click on the hashtag (like #veganchat) and ensure ‘All’ is selected near the top to view all tweets with that hashtag. Follow along, and jump in the conversation when you’re comfortable! (Special thanks to VeganChatRoom for alerting me to all these, amongst so much other helpful info. Be sure to follow them on Twitter!) Check here for time zone differences.
- Monday, 7am Pacific & 7pm Pacific #vegantravel chat with @ai_followus
- Monday, 11am Pacific – #veganbeautychat (off & on, keep an eye on the hashtag.)
- Tuesday, 11am Pacific – #veganhour with @veganhour
- Wednesday, 5pm Pacific – #veganfoodchat with @veganfoodchat
- Thursday, 12pm (noon) Pacific – #veganrecipehour with @veganrecipehour
- Sunday, 5pm Pacific – #veganfoodchat (new, part 2!) with @veganfoodchat
- Sunday, 6pm Pacific – #vegrunchat (off & on, keep an eye on the hashtag.)
Website Forums & Message Boards
Unfortunately they’re not visited as much as a few years ago, but they’re still a fantastic way to interact with other like-minded people, and ask specific questions. Perhaps their best offering is their history: or do a search on topics you’re curious about – just about anything you can imagine has probably already been discussed! Here are some we’re familiar with:
- Reddit: /r/vegan – still very active, generally welcoming and helpful
- VeganForum.com – one of the largest forums
- VeganFitness.net – discuses all forms of fitness, from lifting to sport
- Vegan Body Building & Fitness – also started by Robert Cheeke, lots of tips for anyone lifting!
Know of another vegan community that ought to be included? Contact us to let us know!